WAYS I’VE SAID ‘I LOVE YOU’
It has been a year since I, finally, got into a relationship (insert my early 20s until sort of late 20s). And in the span of those days and weeks and months, I’ve realized a whole lot of things about being in a relationship and being in love. One of the many things I learned is that saying ‘I love you’ to your partner is really important but saying it without saying a word is far more better. It’s the truth that action speaks louder than words. I should believe that because uttering the word ‘I love you’ these days is like a norm – like the way you say ‘hi’ to a total stranger.
I’ve filled up ten ways that I think, and I believe, I’ve said ‘I LOVE YOU’ to him.
- Letting him watch the daily news on the internet and you don’t mind even if you’re really not into it.
- Laughing together to the funny things that happened in your day.
- Supporting him in any idea/project that he likes to start.
- Being there for him in his sport events.
- Learning how to operate his sound system stuff and joining him in events.
- Making a meal for him even if it’s really a simple one.
- Making simple chores for him to make his life a little bit easy.
- Always thanking him for the simple things he does.
- Not dwelling into the stuff being argued and moving on after having a talk.
- Giving a hug when you feel like it but most importantly on days when you know he needs one.
Not much and not grand but it’s something that I love doing for him because, as cheesy as it may sound, I love him. How about you? What are the ways you’ve done to your partner to let him feel that you love them?